All vacancies for the Process Instruments Group will be advertised here.
Ever growing, ever adapting, ever improving. Process Instruments has achieved growth of >20% almost every year since the launch of its products, meaning we are an expanding business.
Technical Commercial Manager – Shanghai/Hangzhou
Package: Competitive salary range between RMB 25,000-RMB 30,000, based on matched qualification and experiences.
Process Instruments (UK) Ltd (Pi) is a high-quality designer and manufacturer of Water Quality Instrumentation. Currently turning over approximately 30,000,000 RMB Pi is looking to grow its existing customers and generate new business in China.
The products are cutting edge and can be used in many industrial and municipal applications.
Pi has been growing at > 20% P.A. for more than 10 years, doubling in size every 3.5 years. This strong growth is due to the quality of its product offer particularly around Industry 4.0 and Water 4.0.
Following appointment, the successful candidate will come to the UK for extensive product training (3 weeks) before returning to China to initially support existing Chinese customers before growing the customer base in China and eventually opening a subsidiary in China. Regular return visits to the UK for training will be required.
Reporting to the Sales Director in the UK, the Technical Commercial Manager will be responsible for providing technical, service, and applications support to existing customers based in China. Managing and developing Pi business with all existing China based Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) customers, Distributors, and generating relevant new sales opportunities in China.
The Technical Commercial Manager will be responsible for growing business from the Pi product range through the proactive management of OEM’s and distributers. This will be achieved by focusing on establishing targets and objectives with customers, supporting and motivating them in the field with appropriate technical and applications advice.
The Technical Commercial Manager will initially focus on providing technical support to existing customers and help them to develop their Pi business. Once established the role may involve the locating and retention of OEM customers in China to trade directly with Pi in the UK. This will include sales and training activities to increase awareness of the Pi product range and to establish good relationships with OEM’s.
A future focus of the role will be to manage and grow a subsidiary company, Pi China, working with the Pi Group of companies, standards, policies and procedures whilst managing the local business requirements, thereby promoting growth and Pi market visibility directly in China.
- To establish and cultivate relationships with existing and new OEM’s
- To develop a technical understanding of the Pi product range
- To manage and motivate the OEM’s and distributors to ensure that they are supported in their markets with up to date information on products and initiatives within the product range
- To promote and support local language marketing and technical materials where appropriate
- To ensure that the OEM’s are supported with progressing orders, ensuring timely deliveries and providing a high level of after sales support
- To work closely with the UK Sales Director to ensure the company growth targets and business objectives are met
- To attend the appropriate conferences and events to meet the OEMs and partners
- Contribute to the development of sales plans
- Research and identify areas of potential growth or opportunity, which would increase awareness of and/or revenue for the business
- Identify and report upon feedback received from this market in relation to the Pi product range and support the UK sales and development teams to develop strategies to overcome potential difficulties
- Attend training, events and meetings in the UK to keep up to date with the product range and changes in technical specifications
Key Skills and Interest
- Candidate must have a degree preferably Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering related. Water and electrical knowledge would be beneficial
- 5-8 years of experience (at least 2 years of commercial experience and 2 years of technical experience)
- Be able to travel extensively including periods in the UK for training and meetings
- Be financially aware and have an understanding of general accounting
- Candidate must be a determined self-starter
- Be highly motivated and goal oriented
- Be able to converse technically in both Chinese and English
- Be capable of succeeding in a challenging and competitive environment
- Be able to work efficiently on their own and as part of a remote team
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be well organised
- Candidate must be proficient in using email, database and Microsoft Office packages
The job holder will report administratively to CBBC’s office managers in Hangzhou, and functionally will report to and be supported by Process Instruments (UK) Ltd.
Interested candidates are invited to send a written application letter together with their detailed CV, an indication of expected salary, and relevant supporting certificates to the following address [email protected] by 3rd April 2019.
Telephone enquiries and personal visits will NOT be accepted.